Author: Michael Bolesta II
I have lived in Texas for more than 25 years, but am still a big fan of the Cleveland professional sports teams since I once lived there at a young age. I am an Eagle Scout, and graduated from Saint Edward’s University in Austin.
One day, the world will be able to bounce back and get on their feet again after a difficult period. With most of the NHL regular season having been played, I felt it was time to look ahead to how the playoffs might look like, should the season continue. If ...
10. Dallas Stars Dallas has been in a goal-scoring drought this week. They are in third, but their margin for error has shrunk as the two current wild card teams below them are from the NHL Central Division. Every team in the league has fewer than fifteen games left, so ...
10. Toronto Maple Leafs The Maple Leafs return to the NHL top ten this week. They came into Tuesday’s game winners of three in a row and a plus fifteen goal difference on the season. They may not be a good shootout team, but thankfully for them, shootouts will not ...
10. Carolina Hurricanes The Hurricanes are on the outside looking in the NHL playoff picture, but what took place Saturday night in Toronto merits them a top ten spot in this week’s edition of the power rankings. Let’s go back to Friday. They lost 5-2 at home to the New ...
10. Vegas Golden Knights The Golden Knights showed their mettle in a game in which they took fifty-plus shots on the Saint Louis Blues net Thursday. Max Pacioretty of New Canaan, Connecticut gave Vegas a 2-1 lead, but the away team had three unanswered goals. The Knights went a man ...
10. Edmonton Oilers The Oilers started well against the San Jose Sharks on goals by Sam Gagner and Connor McDavid. However, the pendulum swung the other way 11:01 into the first period when Timo Meier got the visitors got on the board for the start of what would be five ...
10. Philadelphia Flyers The Flyers fought hard in Pittsburgh before coming up short. Jakub Voracek scored in the final seconds of the first period on the power play. After Brian Elliott conceded three goals in the middle frame, Philadelphia showed their resiliency. Twenty-eight-year-old Tyler Pitlick beat Tristan Jarry late in ...
Saint Louis, Missouri hosted the NHL All-Star Game this past weekend. I came away from it thinking that it was a successful showpiece event. It was great to see an appearance from many faces from the past that have donned a Blues sweater. Wayne Gretzky kicked off the skills competition ...
10. Dallas Stars Slow starts really have caught up to Dallas late, which has happened a lot, even during a streak of success earlier this month. The Buffalo Sabres made them pay for their lethargy. Jack Eichel did not score on the night, but he gained his thirty-fourth NHL assist ...
10. Arizona Coyotes This past NHL week started out slow as they were shutout Thursday night in Tampa Bay. Adin Hill has not played in many games this season and it was a tough outing for him and his team as they were outshot 34-25. Hill made a cameo appearance, ...
- Anthony Fiuza
- Bradley Walker
- Brian Bosarge
- Corey Decker
- Daniel Heredia
- Dan McLellan
- Evan Giampaglia
- Glenn Kaplan
- Jamal Burke
- Black Ghost
- Jeremy Grace
- Jeremy Trottier
- JJ Nealy
- Justin Thomas
- Michael Bolesta II
- Phil Naegely
- Sean Naylor
- Stephen Reed
- Tony Lagotta
- Stephen Golubieski