Week 5 is upon us and we’re halfway through the XFL season. Last week we had our main lineup cash out for the 3rd straight week. Although not as high as we expected with duds coming from Deandre Thompkins and Alonzo Russell but none the less cashed out. With DraftKings pricing getting tougher paying up for the top guys gets more difficult by the week, but there are a few worth mentioning. The best offenses to target this week look to be the Roughnecks as usual and the Wildcats back at home. The BattleHawks are up there as targets as well but will be on the road facing a team that has scored one touchdown in the last two weeks.
Quarterback rankings for XFL Week 5
|3||Jordan Ta’amu||STL||at DC||9700||19.91|
|4||Taylor Cornelius||TB||at LA||8500||15.74|
|5||Luis Perez||NY||at DAL||7900||7.88|
|8||BJ Daniels||SEA||at HOU||7200||8.2|
|9||Brandon Silvers||SEA||at HOU||7000||11.29|
|10||Marquise Williams||NY||at DAL||7300||3.53|
- P.J. Walker remains atop the quarterback ranks once again even with a sub-par performance in Week 4.
- Philip Nelson will get the start for Dallas this week with Landy Jones out for at least two weeks. He gets a home game against the Guardians, which up until last week looked like a great matchup for him. It may not be as easy as we thought.
- Luis Perez and Matt McGloin split reps in practice, but as of yet, no starter has been named.
Running back rankings for XFL Week 5
|2||DeVeon Smith||TB||at LA||7900||11.58|
|5||Matt Jones||STL||at DC||7300||9.98|
|6||Darius Victor||NY||at DAL||5800||6.4|
|7||Jacques Patrick||TB||at LA||7000||9.72|
|9||Kenneth Farrow||SEA||at HOU||6100||9.72|
|10||Christine Michael||STL||at DC||5200||5.25|
- The two Dallas backs sit inside the top rankings this week as I expect Dallas to lean on their run game with backup quarterback Philip Nelson under center.
- Week 3 superstar Martez Carter may be back for the Wildcats this week. Keep an eye on practice reports.
- I didn’t rank Nick Holley into the top 5 after his monster Week 4 game but keep an eye out for him.
Wide receiver/Flex rankings for XFL Week 5
|3||De’Mornay Pierson-El||STL||at DC||9200||14.02|
|4||Dan Williams||TB||at LA||8500||13.55|
|10||Austin Proehl||SEA||at HOU||8000||12.05|
- Tre McBride and Cam Phillips are the top two wide receivers this week. Phillips had a down week, but I expect a bounce back from him. Spruce has already been ruled for the Wildcats making McBride the de facto No. 1 receiver if he wasn’t already.
- Behind the top two, there is a cluster of guys that get decent volume, like Jordan Smallwood, Austin Proehl, Flynn Nagel, and Jalen Tolliver.
- The Defenders wide receivers went from must own to barely startable. They play at home this weekend, maybe that will wake them up.
D/ST rankings for XFL Week 5
Follow all our XFL coverage every week right here!