Breaking News: Kobe Bryant Has Died in a Helicopter Crash
Former NBA player and Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has died tragically in a helicopter crash. The news was first reported by TMZ. However, since the first report. The Charlotte Hornets selected Kobe with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft. They would then trade his rights to the Los Angeles Lakers. Kobe Bryant retired in 2016 from the only team he played for, the Lakers.
Kobe Bryant is among those dead in a helicopter crash outside Los Angeles, a source confirms to ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 26, 2020
Kobe Bryant was an 18-time all-star during his 20 seasons in the NBA. He also was a 5-time NBA Champion, 2-time NBA Finals MVP, and a league MVP in 2008.
Other accolades include
- 4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
- 11× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2013)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)
- 2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
- 9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006–2011)
- 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001, 2002, 2012)
- 2× NBA scoring champion (2006, 2007)
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
- Nos. 8 & 24 retired by Los Angeles Lakers
- Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
- First-team Parade All-American (1996)
The career of Kobe Bryant spanned over 2 decades. He finished his career with 33,643 points (25 ppg), 7,047 rebounds (5.2 rpg), and 6,306 (4.7 apg). Kobe also won two gold medals as a member of the United States Olympic Team in 2008 and 2012.
What many do not know is that Kobe won an Academy Award for his short film Dear Basketball. The award was for the Best Animated Short Film.
Kobe Bryant is survived by his wife Vanessa and their 4 daughters. The most recent of which was born in June of 2019.
This is breaking news please stay with IroniqMedia as updates come in.