2018 NFL Draft: Just Another Typical Mock Draft
Well now that the NFL season is over, we have the draft order 1-24 set. Since the playoffs will determine the rest and they haven’t finished yet, Phil Brown and I decided to do all 32 teams and just go off my opinion of the teams who lose/win in the rest of the playoffs. Also, this will be done without trades in the NFL Draft. Lets get started shall we!
1) Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold easily. He has great Arm Strength and Accuracy. I think if they can fix his mechanics on his windup he should be the QB the Browns have been waiting for forever.
2) New York Giants – Josh Rosen. I think Eli stays with NY and mentors Josh to be a great future QB. If he can stay healthy and learn to be a bit more mobile in the pocket he should be fine. The future in NY is Rosen and OBJ. Man what a duo that would be.
3) Indianapolis Colts – Bradley Chubb. With Chris Ballard and Bradley Chubb the Indy defense will be 200% better. They haven’t had a pass rush since i can remember. Chubb is an instant boost to the D-line.
4) Cleveland Browns (via Houston) – Saquon Barkley. The Browns get their QB of the future and now the their RB of the future. Saquon is listed 5-11 and 223lbs and runs with a 4.3 speed in pads. The Browns finally, and I mean FINALLY get 2 home runs.
5) Denver Broncos – Baker Mayfield. I like this a lot, and I mean a lot! The O-line could use help but seriously I don’t think Denver passes on this pick. He can throw and is extremely mobile. The problem wasn’t the O-line all the time but it did have its issues but let’s face it. Trevor, Brock, and Paxton ain’t Baker mobile.
6) New York Jets – Mason Rudolph. Strong arm and can move in the pocket also. He will be an instant upgrade from Petty.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Derwin James. Tampa needs defense and a lot of it. Why not get the best Hybrid S/CB in the draft. Derwin is a great fit for a horrible secondary right now.
8) Chicago Bears – Simmie Cobbs. Mitchell T. finally gets a receiver! Cobbs is 6-4 220lbs. Big physical WR who can Catch and has a mid 4.4 speed. He will be huge in that young offense in Chicago.
9) San Francisco 49ers – Courtland Sutton. They have a speedster in Goodwin and I believe Pierre will be a decent possession slot WR. Now with drafting Sutton he will be the #1 instantly. Jimmy GQ will be set on offense.
10) Oakland Raiders – Josh Jackson. The Raiders need CB help like every other team but they need it more. Taking the best CB in the draft at #10 is a straight steal and will help Mack get to the QB.
11) Miami Dolphins – Quenton Nelson. The Dolphins need O-line help and they need it bad. Nelson should help upgrade the line.
12) Cincinnati Bengals – Harold Landry. With Burfict always suspended I think its time the Bengals to move on from him and take the next best thing in Landry.
13) Green Bay Packers – Denzel Ward. The Packers need CB help and with Kevin King coming back next year after his achilles injury the Packers should have a nice core of young CBs.
14) Washington Redskins – Josh Allen. Kirk Cousins exits and Josh Allen enters. Easy pick for the Redskins.
15) Arizona Cardinals – Deion Cain. They need a QB but I think they address that in FA. They need a successor to Larry and Washington is just that.
16) Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Ridley. He brings speed, hands, and is a huge deep threat. as long as Joe can hit him, this will be a deadly duo.
17) Los Angeles Chargers – Roquon Smith. The Chargers need ILB help and I think this is where they get it.
18) Seattle Seahawks – Minkah Fitzpatrick. With Earl Thomas already making it public he wants out in Seattle. Taking the best FS at 17 is a steal that no one can pass up.
19) Dallas Cowboys – Troy Fumagalli. With Witten turning 36 its time to find the next best thing and Fumagalli is the guy.
20) Detroit Lions – Arden Key. The Lions need to help Iggy, and Arden is the man to do it. The defense was great this year but will get better with another DE.
21) Buffalo Bills – Lamar Jackson. Buffalo gets a playmaker at the QB position. Shady and Jackson will light up the Bills more than the fans do before the game.
22) Atlanta Falcons – Vita Vea. Poe will be gone and they need to fill his void. Vea is the guy and will step in to a pretty could D-line in ATL.
23) Tennessee Titans – Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. Edge rusher is a priority and Okoronkwo is the next best thing for the titans.
24) Carolina Panthers – James Washington. Funchess and McCaffery cant do it all by themselves. Adding another young great talented WR is a must.
25) Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs) – Maurice Hurst. The Bills will need to replace Dareus and Hurst is the man.
26) New Orleans Saints – Mark Andrews. With the need to find a Brees replacement, there isn’t one worthy at 26. They need a TE and Andrews is the guy for them.
27) Jacksonville Jaguars – Kolten Miller. They need a QB but none worth getting here. Take the next best thing and that’s Kolten. Upgrading the line is never a bad thing.
28) Philadelphia Eagles – Jaire Alexander. With everything on offense set and the defense pretty much set adding a young talented CB in Alexander will boost them for next years run.
29) Los Angeles Rams – Isiah Oliver. with Jackson off the board the next best CB is Isiah.
30) New England Patriots – T.J Edwards. LBs, LBs, and more LBs for the Patriots. TJ is the man for New England
31) Pittsburgh Steelers – Tremaine Edmunds. With the injury to Shazier its time to get another ILB and Edmunds is the guy to help.
32) Minnesota Vikings – Taven Bradley. that D-line just got even more stacked with Bradley.
Just a quick note, this mock draft was done before the start of the playoffs. More mock drafts, of different variations, will be coming in the future! Be sure to share and comment what you think about these picks!