2017 Breeders’ Cup Turf Predictions
Well, late last night, this field was set to go off with 14 horses and then one of the favorites, Ulysses, was scratched due to “heat in his fetlock.” Would this affect our 2017 Breeders’ Cup turf predictions?
The connections of the horse who was brought in from Ireland was deeply sorry to the fans and others involved but said it was in the best interest of the horse. The horse had come off of a beautiful workout over at the Del Mar track in California but something wasn’t right. The decision was made by the vet to scratch the horse.
So, now the race will go off with 13 horses and one of the big favorites missing.
Here is the rest of the field for the Breeders’ Cup Turf and a $4,000,000 guaranteed purse for this race:
11th Race: Post Time 7:37 PM EST for 3-year-olds and up running a mile and a half on the turf. $4,000,000 purse
- Talismanic (GB): Ridden by Michael Barzalona 15-1
- Bullards Alley: Ridden by Javier Castellano 15-1
- Highland Reel (IRE): Ridden by Ryan Moore 5-1
- Decorated Knight (GB): Ridden by Andrea Atzeni 15-1
- Ulysses- SCRATCHED
- Cliffs of Moher (IRE): Ridden by Wayne Lorden 20-1
- Itsinthepost (FR): Ridden by Tyler Baze 15-1
- Bigger Picture: Ridden by John Velazquez 15-1
- Seventh Heaven (IRE): Ridden by Seamus Heffernan 20-1
- Fanciful Angel (IRE): Ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr 12-1
- Hunt (IRE): Ridden by Flavien Prat 15-1
- Beach Patrol: Ridden by Joel Rosario 4-1
- Sadler’s Joy: Ridden by Julien Leparoux 12-1
- Oscar Performance: Ridden by Jose Ortiz 10-1
Summary: Talismanic was consistent in France for a barn that knows how to win Breeders Cup races, looking to be a little below these others. Bullards Alley ran away on a sloppy course and was able to get a huge Beyer number that was at 42-1 wont be near that price today. Highland Reel is looking to repeat as champ in this one and now with one of the major obstacles in Ulysses out of the way makes it a bit easier. Decorated Knight – multiple grade 1 stakes winner distance is an unknown for him but should like this better than the mile. Cliffs of Moher has found it hard to get going against the older horses. Itsinthepost could stake his claim as California’s best Male Turf runner this year but will still need to improve against these.
Bigger Picture has good form and has been a great claim for his barn, got a dream trip in the United Nations. Seventh Heaven – aside from one romping win over lesser talent she was better as a three-year-old. Fanciful Angel – his first 2 US outings have him finishing behind Beach Patrol in both the Arlington Millions and Joe Hirsch. Hunt won 2 grade 2 Stakes over the summer at Del Mar but was lucky to get the second one. Beach Patrol had the single best performance by a US turf male so far this year and with Ulysses out of the way probably the favorite. Sadler’s Joy won his last start 2 back and will probably benefit from a tighter turf course. Oscar Performance – the most talented turf three-year-old this year but was found to be struggling against others. That’s a live longshot here.Follow @Espowrites