2017 Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Sprint
Similar to the race prior to this one which was the Turf Sprint this is the Dirt Sprint. This one will be run at 7 furlongs on the dirt. The only requirement in this race is that the horse has to be at least 3 years old. This race will have a full field of 14 heading to the gate. With a $1,000,000 purse for the race, it will be an interesting 1 minute of racing. There is a big Morning Line Favorite in Unique Bella in this race which will allow value for the other horses in this field. It will definitely be tough to beat her. Here is the rest of the field of 14 for this race.
6th Race Post Time: 4:44 PM EST Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Sprint for 3-year-olds and Up $1,000,000 Purse.
- Carina Mia: Ridden by Javier Castellano 12-1
- Paulassilverlining: Ridden by Jose Ortiz 8-1
- Curlin’s Approval: Ridden by Luis Saez 20-1
- Finest City: Ridden by Corey Nakatani 12-1
- Bar of Gold: Ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr 30-1
- Proper Discrestion: Ridden by Kent Desormeaux 30-1
- By The Moon: Ridden by Rajiv Maragh 12-1
- Constellation: Ridden by Flavien Prat 15-1
- Finley’sLuckyCharm: Ridden by Brian Hernandez Jr 6-1
- Highway Star: Ridden by Angel Arroyo 15-1
- Unique Bella: Ridden by Mike Smith 9-5
- Skye Diamonds: Ridden by Tiago Pereira 5-1
- Princess Karen: Ridden by Julian Leparoux 20-1
- Ami’s Mesa: Ridden by Luis Contreras 20-1
Summary: Carina Mia was poised to have a big year this year and while she hasn’t been bad she has definitely disappointed. Paulassilverlining had 2 big grade 1 wins early in the year but lately has been not good. Curlin’s Approval good at her Gulfstream base but Gulfstream can be like Vegas what happens there stays there. Finest City was the upset winner here last year runs better when fresh and has gotten fresh. Bar of Gold this horse has been on so many different surfaces I am surprised her head isn’t spinning. Proper Discrestion very good against Ohio Bred horses too bad this is open to all horses will need help. By the Moon has won 3 out of the last 4 she ran the lack of respect is due to her low Beyers ratings.
Constellation makes her first start for the Baffert connections looks like Skye Diamonds as her number. Finley’sluckycharm added a little bit of versatility when she came off the pace to win the TCA Stakes. Highway Star another one of these horses that brings the good but not great form to the race wouldn’t surprise me if she cashes. Unique Bella Immensely talented 3-year-old who will attempt to become the first 3-year-old to win this race. Skye Diamonds in career form as she won over Del Mar track in the Rancho Bernardo very fresh for this one. Princess Karen Unique Bella blew past this filly in the LA Woman little reason to believe she will get her this time. Ami’s Mesa has won multiple times on synthetic not sure how she will handle the dirt and being in post 14 doesn’t help look elsewhere.Follow @Espowrites