The Night Watch Fantasy Football League Draft Grades
Last night, 10 writers from WBLZ sports known as the Night’s Watch had a fantasy football draft. The writers were as follows; Michael Esposito, Kenny Magner, Mark Wilson, Mike Drakulich, Nick Granados, Jon Blayne, Daniel Gentile, Sean Naylor, Andrew Kim and Jake Watroba. It was a snake style online draft with 18 rounds where we use 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 1 D and 1 K and 7 Bench Players. The website I used to grade the draft was rototrade.com. They took into account many things and gave an overall score and chance at making the playoffs. And without further ado; here are the results of the rankings.
Kenny Magner’s Team Uncle Pope- Rating 88. Chance of making the playoffs 85%.
- QB-A Aaron Rodgers
- RB- B- Jay Ajayi, Darren McFadden/Ezekiel Elliott
- WR- C+ Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Davante Adams
- TE- B Travis Kelce
- K- A Dan Bailey
- DEF- B Vikings Defense
- Flex- C Mark Ingram, Davante Parker
- Bench- C Corey Coleman, Hunter Henry, Phillip Rivers, Jaquizz Rodgers, Shane Vereen, Tyler Lockett.
- Conclusion: You are likely one of the best teams in your league with a great chance to win your league’s title. Recommendations: Nice Job! You have no real weaknesses at QB, RB, WR, TE. You have no tradeable pieces on your bench so it’s best to stand pat.
Mike Esposito’s Team Dez Nuts- Rating 87. Chance of making the playoffs 84%
- QB-B Tom Brady
- RB-C Demarco Murray, Lamar Miller
- WR-B Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins
- TE-B Jordan Reed
- K-B Adam Vinatieri
- DEF-A Seattle Seahawks
- Flex-C Adrian Peterson, Willie Snead
- Bench-C Robert Kelley, Adam Thielen, Matt Forte, Dak Prescott, Kevin White, Cole Beasley, Allen Hurns
- Conclusion: You have a very good team that could win it all. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at RB you might want to try trading Dak Prescott and another piece to upgrade your Running Back Situation.
Mike Drakulich’s Team Pittsburgh Sports Nation- Rating 87 Chance of Making Playoffs 84%
- QB- A Matt Ryan
- RB- C Leveon Bell, Joe Mixon
- WR- C Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Martavias Bryant
- TE- A+ Rob Gronkowski
- K- A Matt Bryant
- DEF- B Steelers Defense
- Flex- C Mike Gillislee, Pierre Garcon
- Bench- C Tyrell Williams, Ben Roethlisberger, Jordan Matthews, James Connor, Cameron Brate, Panthers D, Alvin Kamara.
- Conclusion- You have a very good team that can win it all. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at RB and WR. You may want to attempt to trade Ben Roethlisberger and another piece to upgrade those positions.
Nick Granados’s Team Wentz in a Lifetime- Rating 83 Chance of Making Playoffs- 77%
- QB- D+ Cam Newton
- RB- B- David Johnson, Todd Gurley
- WR- C+ DeAndre Hopkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Allen Robinson
- TE- B Greg Olsen
- K- A Justin Tucker
- DEF- A Broncos Defense
- Flex- A Jeremy Maclin, Eddie Lacy
- Bench- C Eric Decker, Doug Martin, John Brown, Latavius Murray, Anquan Boldin, Nelson Agholor, Jamaal Charles.
- Conclusion: You have a good team that should compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at QB you may want to consider trading Eric Decker and another piece to upgrade that position.
Mark Wilson’s Team Fuck Your Team- Rating 82 Chance of Making Playoffs- 76%
- QB- B Drew Brees
- RB- B- LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard
- WR- C- Alshon Jeffery, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall
- TE- C+ Zach Ertz
- K- A Stephen Gostowski
- DEF- A Eagles Defense
- Flex- B LeGarrette Blount, Randall Cobb
- Bench- C Jeremy Hill, Kenny Britt, Marvin Jones, Texans D, Thomas Rawls, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine
- Conclusion: You have a good team that should compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at WR you may want to trade Kenny Britt and another piece to upgrade the WR.
Jon Blayne’s Team Blayne- Rating-81 Chance of Making Playoffs-75%
- QB- B Andrew Luck
- RB- D+ Carlos Hyde, Danny Woodhead
- WR- B Odell Beckham Jr, T.Y. Hilton, Demaryius Thomas
- TE- B Jimmy Graham
- K- A Mason Crosby
- DEF- B Chiefs Defense
- Flex- B Golden Tate, Bilal Powell
- Bench- C Jamison Crowder, Tevin Coleman, Mike Wallace, James White, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Sterling Shepard.
- Conclusion: You have a good team that should compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is very weak at RB. You may want to try trading Jamison Crowder and another piece to upgrade the RB position.
Andrew Kim’s Team Team Kim- Rating 81 Chance of Making Playoffs- 75%
- QB- B Russell Wilson
- RB- C Melvin Gordon, Leonard Fournette
- WR- C Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Jarvis Landry
- TE- C+ Delanie Walker
- K- B Cairo Santos
- DEF- B Giants Defense
- Flex- C Terrance West, Donte Moncrief
- Bench- B Paul Perkins, Jack Doyle, Matthew Stafford, Kareem Hunt, Corey Davis, Zay Jones, CJ Prosise
- Conclusion: You have a good team that should compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at WR and RB. You have a few valuable bench players that you could possibly interest other teams with such as Matthew Stafford or Donte Moncrief use them with another piece to upgrade your RB and WR positions.
Daniel Gentile’s Team Cleveland Steamers- Rating 80 Chance of Making Playoffs-74%
- QB- C+ Jameis Winston
- RB- D+ Isaiah Crowell, Ameer Abdullah
- WR- B Jordy Nelson, Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks
- TE- B Tyler Eifert
- K- B Dustin Hopkins
- DEF- B- Jaguars Defense
- Flex- B Tyreek Hill, Frank Gore
- Bench- C Martellus Bennett, Austin Hooper, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams, Kenny Gollady, Cooper Kupp, Joe Williams
- Conclusion: You have a good team that should compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at RB. You might want to try trading Tyreek Hill and possibly another piece, in an attempt to upgrade your running back situation.
Jake Watroba’s Team Watroba Rating-75 Chance of making the playoffs 51%
- QB- C+ Derek Carr
- RB- D+ Ty Montgomery, Dalvin Cook
- WR- C+ AJ Green, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs
- TE- C- Jason Witten
- K- A Matt Prater
- DEF- A Patriots Defense
- Flex- B CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware
- Bench- B Rishard Matthews, Marcus Mariotta, Derrick Henry, Josh Doctson, Ted Ginn Jr, Cardinals D, Rex Burkhead.
- Conclusion: You have an average team that can compete this year. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at RB TE. You have a few valuable bench players that might interest other teams, such as Derek Carr, Stefon Diggs and possibly another piece, in an attempt to upgrade your running back situation.
Sean Naylor’s Team I’ve Been Blackballed- Rating-71 Chance of making the playoffs-38%
- QB- C+ Kirk Cousins
- RB- D+ Devonta Freeman, Marshawn Lynch
- WR- C Doug Baldwin, Terrelle Pryor, DeSean Jackson
- TE- C+ Kyle Rudolph
- K- B Robbie Gould
- DEF- C Titans Defense
- Flex- C Christian McCaffrey, Cameron Meredith
- Bench- C Theo Riddick, Carson Wentz, Eric Ebron, Torrey Smith, Giovanni Bernard, Kenny Stills, Marlon Mack
- Conclusion: You have a below average team. Making the playoffs would be a great accomplishment. Recommendations: Your team is a bit weak at RB WR, but there are no real valuable trade pieces on your bench. You should try to upgrade your team somewhere, but it might not be that easy with so few trade chips.
This should be a fun season and there will be a lot of smack talk during the season. Also in this league, you don’t want to be the team that finishes in last place. Because your watch may end if you finish last. I agree with the rankings to a degree, there are some points I don’t agree with but as a whole, they were pretty accurate. Rankings do not mean much anyway, Fantasy Football is all about matchups.