The 142nd Running of the Preakness Previews and Predictions
Well, here we are the second leg of the Triple Crown the Preakness Stakes. This race takes place in Pimlico Racetrack in Maryland. The field in this race is half of what it was in the Kentucky Derby with only 10 horses taking aim at the second leg. 5 of those 10 horses ran in the Kentucky Derby including the winner Always Dreaming. I am sure his connections are dreaming of a Triple Crown chance. Will Always Dreaming win the second leg and give us another Triple Crown hopeful or will another horse from the field spoil the party?
Here is the full field of 10 and their starting positions
- Multiplier 30-1 has not won a grade 1 race yet and is new to the triple crown field
- Cloud Computing 12-1 also did not run in the Derby
- Hence 20-1 Finished 11th in the derby beaten by 18 lengths one to watch
- Always Dreaming 4-5 Kentucky Derby Winner and rightful Morning Line Favorite
- Classic Empire 3-1 Bad start at the derby which included tangling with horses gets another shot
- Gunnevera 15-1 Never really factored in the derby but ran a gallant 8th. Good chance in this one
- Term of Art 30-1 Another new shooter to the field dont think this one is good enough
- Senior Investment 30-1 Another new addition to the triple crown field
Lookin at Lee 10-1 Finished 2nd in the Derby and could pull the upset in this one
- Conquest Mo Money 15-1 Another new addition to the field just missed out on the Kentucky Derby top 20.
The weather will be a complete opposite of the Kentucky Derby, the track will be dry and the sun will be shining. Unfortunatley there will not be any value in this race as I expect Lookin at Lee to take on the money. Lookin at Lee is the best chance with an outside chance from Gunnevera. My opinion is take Always Dreaming and Classic Empire in an exacta box.
$2 Exacta Box- 4/5
$1 Trifecta Box 4/5/9/6
$10 to win- 5 Always Dreaming
Long shot bet $10 to win on Gunnevera and Cloud computing